Bread Egg Burji is a quick and easy breakfast dish made with egg and bread. It’s a combination of crumbled egg, boiled egg with bread and spices, which makes a yummy and comforting dish, which can be served for breakfast or as an evening snack.
Brown Bread or White Bread – 8 slices
Egg – 6 no’s
Onion – 2 chopped
Capsicum – 1/2 cup chopped (optional)
Green chilies – 2 chopped
Coriander – 1 small bunch chopped
Garam masala powder – 1 pinch
Ginger garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter and oil for seasoning
- Boil 2 eggs, remove the cooked egg from the shell, chop it into small cubes and keep ready.
- Cut the bread slices into small cubes (you can remove the edges or you can skip) and set aside.
- Break 2 egg into a bowl, whisk it properly and keep ready
- keep all the other ingredients handy as shown in the above image.
- Heat butter/oil in a pan, when it is hot add green chilies, saute for a while add chopped onion, fry until it turns to translucent, then add ginger garlic paste saute till the raw smell goes from it, add capsicum saute,
Add 2 eggs, fry until it gets scrambled, add a pinch of salt, saute
Once the egg gets crumbled, Add a pinch of garam masala powder, saute, then add bread, toss it well
Add 2 beaten egg around it, toss so that the egg coats the bread evenly, cook on a low flame until done, close the lid for 2 min,
Fluff it, add salt to taste, pepper powder, chopped coriander, toss it once again.
Finally, add boiled egg cubes, toss it gently.
- Another method – You can also blend ginger, garlic, green chilies and coriander to a paste and add while seasoning.
- If you are using fresh bread, then no need to cut the edges, if the edges have become hard then remove it. You can use any bread like whole wheat bread, multigrain bread, white bread or brown in preparation.