Paneer Paratha Recipe – whole wheat flat bread stuffed with crumbled, spiced cottage cheese and then shallow fried with oil. It is Punjabi style paratha stuffed with crumbled, spiced cottage cheese. This is the most delicious paratha recipe among all. Easy to make recipe, compared other paratha’s.
Preparation time – 15 min
Cooking time – 20 min
Serves – 2-3
- Chapati atta (Whole wheat flour) – 1 ½ cups
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Water – little more than ½ cup
- For stuffing –
- Paneer – 1 ½ cups, crumbled or shredded
- Green chili paste – 1 tsp, chopped finely
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cilantro or coriander leaves – 2-3 tablespoons, chopped finely
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – ½ to 1 teaspoon
- Amchur powder (dried mango powder) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 teaspoon, lightly crushed
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
To make or to prepare Paneer paratha’s –
- Take atta, salt in a bowl. Mix well and start adding little water at a time and knead into soft and smooth dough. Add oil and knead for a while and set aside.
- Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes. Meanwhile make the stuffing.
For stuffing –
Heat a tadka pan by adding oil in it, when it is hot add cumin, allow it to splutter, add green chilly paste and ginger garlic paste,
Saute in oil until you get a nice aroma, in a low flame, when it is done remove it from the flame,
Add it to crumbled paneer mixture and add remaining ingredients to stuff.
Make medium ball of prepared stuffing and keep ready.
Take a small portion of prepared wheat dough (little bigger than the stuffing ball) Flatten it out to a round shaped, roll it to 3 to 4 cms diameter circle, put the stuffing in the center of it.
Seal it by gathering the edges.
Flatten it using hand and roll into 6 inch diameter circle. Use fry flour to make rolling easy. Heat a tawa, when it is hot place the rolled paratha on it and
Fry the paratha on hot tawa, apply oil/butter/ghee on both side,
Fry until the base of the paratha’s becomes golden brown. Repeat the same process for rest of the paratha’s.
Enjoy paneer paratha’s with thick yogurt (sprinkle chaat masala powder,cumin powder, chilly powder and salt) accompany it with pickle.
You can also try my Aloo paratha recipeTags: #easy breakfast recipe, #healthy breakfast dish, #kids favorite, #nutritious